I probably get at least 3 contacts per week from people on the Advocare Eating Plan who have questions about “elimination” (bear with me, I am trying to be gentle here ). When you start removing a lot of the unnecessary carbs and junk from your diet, some people notice constipation, or a change in the frequency of elimination. This is entirely normal, but I have lots of suggestions for “improvement”.
During the 24 Day Challenge, use these tips to avoid sluggish elimination:
- Drink LOTS of water.
- Eat salad as directed in the instructions. Use spinach, romaine, and other higher fiber content greens instead of iceberg lettuce. More nutritional value as well as fiber content is an added benefit.
- Eat fibrous fruits and vegetables. Raspberries are great and you can get them frozen without sugar when they are not in season. The calorie content is also low. This fiber content chart from Harvard should help you make the right choices (just don’t pick cereal, pasta, bread, etc.).
- Use small portions of raw almonds as your snack. We get the box of 100 calorie bags of raw almonds (BJS and Sams carry these as well as supermarkets). Almonds do have a fair amount of calories, so you don’t want to overdo it, and the portion control certainly helps me.
- Get some exercise.
Products I Use (for AFTER the 24 Day Challenge)
- Advocare Probiotic Restore Ultra (I take once a day when I take Catalyst and ThermoPlus (half hour before breakfast or lunch). There is 1 in your MNS strip pack.
Also, you can try adding one of these daily if your weight loss/maintenance is where you want it.
- Advocare Fruit and Fiber Bar
I found some terrific products that were not really high in calories, yet had incredible fiber content. Some also had great Omega 3 content, and protein. I stock up on these from Netrition, since they have great service (I get the items within 2 days of ordering for $4.95 shipping). They also have all the nutritional info and lots of reviews on the site which helped me select other products. We order in bulk since the whole carton ships for the $4.95. These items are ONLY SUGGESTED FOR USE AFTER the 24 Day Challenge:
If you are not already on our email list, sign up here to be notified when we update the site: